Thread: Help! Meeting the parents.

Help! Meeting the parents.

I've been seeing a Thai guy for about 2 years now (we met online), he is really very sweet, hard working and I couldn't be happier. I'm currently living in the UK (I'm British) I normally spend a few months with him and then come home but this time he's asking me to come live with him and meet his parents... I'm nervous, any tips on how I should act, do's and don'ts etc? I know it shouldn't be an issue but I keep hearing it's rare to see Thai men who are serious about white women and I'm half black so I'm really worried I'm going to have to fight to be accepted.

Super Moderator
    Well if they are living in the UK you do not have to worry to much they are already "westernized". One thing Thai people normally do is ask you very personal questions about work, life, parents etc. How much you make? How much they make? What do they do? It feels sometimes like you are in a Police station. But always smile and just laugh about it if you think it is to personal. If you do not want to answer just say "ohh that i do not know or i will check that for you" but you never will but thats Thai way of getting out it.
    Follow me on Facebook Personal Thailand Facebook Personal Thailand Twitter

All news Copyrighted Personal Thailand News Agency if nothing else stated.

Feel free to ask me anything about Thailand but do it in the forum not in PM

We use Skimlinks for advertising if you see any problem please let us know.

thanks for your reply, guess you've answered my question. he lives in Thailand, i met him online and then met up with him while i was there.

Super Moderator
    So he lives in Thailand? And you going to Thailand to meet them? Rich poor ?

Super Moderator
    So he lives in Thailand? And you going to Thailand to meet them? Rich poor ?