Thread: 41 dead and people still dying in Bangkok

Super Moderator

41 dead and people still dying in Bangkok

41 deaths, 346 injuries reported in ongoing chaos
    A total of 41 fatalities and 346 injuries have been reported from violent clashes in Bangkok as of 19 May 2010 at 15.00 hrs.

According to the latest report by the Emergency Medical Service of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) or the Erawan Center, there were 41 people killed and 346 others wounded during the past six days of bloody confrontations between security forces and anti-government protesters of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD).

Of the people who sustained injuries, 111 remain hospitalized, and 15 are in the intensive care unit (ICU) while 210 others have been discharged from the hospitals.

Another 10 patients are currently under medical check-up in the emergency room. Five of them were admitted to King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital while the other five were rushed to Police General Hospital.

News from NNT

According to Tweets people are dying in the temple and they are asking for help.

@pdouble0k RT @farangone: Urgent help needed in Wat Patum, injured people are dying due to lack of hospital care via @markmackinnon

Please RT. People around me are dying because they can't get to hospital across the road because of fighting #bangkok

News from PTNA
    Last edited by Pee Baa Jub Jub; 19th May 2010 at 21:12.
    Follow me on Facebook Personal Thailand Facebook Personal Thailand Twitter

All news Copyrighted Personal Thailand News Agency if nothing else stated.

Feel free to ask me anything about Thailand but do it in the forum not in PM

We use Skimlinks for advertising if you see any problem please let us know.