Thread: Bangkok Aids from in 2033

Super Moderator

Bangkok Aids from in 2033

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) is planning a campaign to reduce AIDS infection rate in the capital to 0% within 20 years’ time. Bangkok Deputy Governor Mrs. Pussadee Tamthai said after her meeting with UNAIDS representative that the BMA sets to become AIDS-free city, with no reoccurrence of infections, no additional deaths from contracting the HIV virus, and no inequality in treatment to HIV sufferers.

Currently, AIDS victims in Bangkok account for 27% of the total infections in the country. Furthermore, it is difficult to identify people with the disease as there are many unregistered citizens and numerous illegal workers living in the capital. Those who risk being infected include people who have many sexual partners, homosexuals, prostitutes and those involved in drugs.

Dr. Pusadee has entrusted the BMA’s Health Department to work with UNAIDS in this effort. She said however the BMA will work out a clear-cut guideline on the project before discussing the issue with UNAIDS again in 2 weeks’ time.

According to the AIDS Control Division of the BMA, people who are in highest risk of being infected with AIDS are homosexuals. The Health Department has set as its goal to instill the public with greater understanding of the disease by educating people on safer sex and always using a condom to prevent the initial spread of the virus.

News from NNT
    Follow me on Facebook Personal Thailand Facebook Personal Thailand Twitter

All news Copyrighted Personal Thailand News Agency if nothing else stated.

Feel free to ask me anything about Thailand but do it in the forum not in PM

We use Skimlinks for advertising if you see any problem please let us know.

Super Moderator
    Sorry to say but how can you cure all these people that have Aids now? She must mean HIV? She want to stop new HIV infections. With the new medication people with AIDS live a long life. She also got the facts wrong it is normal heterosexual people who are most at risk at the moment. The gay people know how to use a condom.
    Follow me on Facebook Personal Thailand Facebook Personal Thailand Twitter

All news Copyrighted Personal Thailand News Agency if nothing else stated.

Feel free to ask me anything about Thailand but do it in the forum not in PM

We use Skimlinks for advertising if you see any problem please let us know.