Small electrified screen intended to keep dogs away at a residence in Chiang Mai province is said to have been the cause of death for a 11-year old who accidentally touched it when he was playing hide-and-seek with his friends.

The boy was found lying face down on the ground at the residence of Mr. Udom Thairat with pile of vomit next to him. 20x50 cm wire screen covered the corner of the house where the boy was found. The screen was connected to the electricity plug on the wall.

The doctors failed to revive him, and he was declared dead at hospital.

The owner of the house, Mr. Udom, told the police that he attached the electrical wire screen at the corner of his house to prevent dogs from urinating at his wall. Police arrested Mr. Udom for further investigation, and charged him for reckless behaviour resulting in a death.