Thread: Do not Overstay your Thai Visa

Super Moderator

Do not Overstay your Thai Visa

Entry Requirements - Visa Requirements

British passport holders arriving by air may enter Thailand for 30 days without obtaining a visa in advance of arrival. However, those arriving at overland crossings will only be given visa free entry valid for 15 days. If you plan to stay in Thailand for longer than the time endorsed on arrival, or you intend to work, you must obtain an extension of stay or a valid visa.

If you stay in Thailand for longer than the time authorized on your arrival, and you do not have an extension of stay or a valid visa, then this is an offense under Thai Immigration law. You will be fined 500 baht per day for every day you overstay, excluding the first day, up to a maximum of 20,000 baht. Any foreigner found by the authorities to have overstayed their visa is also at risk of being held in detention, fined and deported at their own expense. The Thai authorities have stated they will always enforce detention of overstays for more than 42 days. They may also be black-listed from re-entering Thailand. The only legal way of obtaining a new visa, entry permit or extension of stay is from a Thai Embassy or Consulate, an Immigration Officer at a point of entry into Thailand or one of the Immigration Offices around the country. Visas issued by visa shops, travel agents or by any other means are likely to be illegal and lead to criminal proceedings, which may result in a large fine or imprisonment. You would also be prohibited from entering Thailand again.

The British Embassy and Pattaya One News (owned by Howard who is the Consul in Pattaya area for the British Embassy.

From the Embassy website

http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/he...uirements&pg=4
    Follow me on Facebook Personal Thailand Facebook Personal Thailand Twitter

All news Copyrighted Personal Thailand News Agency if nothing else stated.

Feel free to ask me anything about Thailand but do it in the forum not in PM

We use Skimlinks for advertising if you see any problem please let us know.

I can't blame people for overstaying in Thailand. It's a real cool place to stay with lots of activities to do. But rules are rules my fellas.
    There's no other choice than follow them.

Party. Have fun. Enjoy. Then go home! Make money. Save enough. Then go back to Thailand. It's a pretty simple equation.

Super Moderator
    If you get to the airport without being caught you are alright if you get taken for something stupid like traffic ticket you off to immigration jail.
    Follow me on Facebook Personal Thailand Facebook Personal Thailand Twitter

All news Copyrighted Personal Thailand News Agency if nothing else stated.

Feel free to ask me anything about Thailand but do it in the forum not in PM

We use Skimlinks for advertising if you see any problem please let us know.