An iPhone 5 exploded due to a small screw stuck on its battery tray.



The original complaint was filed on March 11 by 34-year-old businessman Suwicha Uasomsaksakul. The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) explained the recent explosion after the company has finished the investigation. It was stated that the screw was not a part of the iPhone's original parts. It caused a short circuit in the device and exploded. The NBTC is still clueless on how the screw got inside the iPhone 5 unit.