Thread: Danish Airline SAS Shuts Down Operations

Danish Airline SAS Shuts Down Operations

Effective April 1, 2013, Danish airline SAS will no longer be operating it's Scandinavia to Bangkok flights. The company will completely shut down after 64 years of flying to Bangkok. All it's 30 employees will no longer be needed. The aircrafts will now be used for their San Francisco and Copenhagen flights, confirmed by it's Global sales director, Elisabeth Milton Hemmingsen. But the management sees it as something positive since now they will be teamed up with Singapore Airlines.

Danish Airline SAS had it's first flight to Bangkok in November 1949.

News from PTNA - Personal Thailand News Agency

It's sad to hear this. After 64 years. I hope there will be other airlines offering the same route.

Air Asia is always doing this kind of thing. Realigning flights. I hope SAS will accommodate everyone who booked their tickets in advance.

I am sure they will but I think it is stupid to close the route I am sure they could have promotion and do it cheaper to lure people. It is one of the few direct flights to Sweden.

I agree with you Joy! I think they can offer cheaper rates then people will be purchasing tickets from them. But then again maybe it's just an effect of a weaker European economy.