Thread: Gay rights network calls for solid state support on same sex marriage

Gay rights network calls for solid state support on same sex marriage

A gay rights activist network is planning to draft a civil partnership bill supporting same-sex marriage and demanding rights comparable to those accorded to male-female married couples.

The government formed a committee late last year to draft legislation giving legal recognition for same-sex couples. Last year’s incident where a prominent gay activist was refused permission to be married spurred calls to form a committee to draft the current civil union bill. The Rights and Liberties Protection Department and the Parliament's committee on Legal Affairs, Justice and Human Rights this month held the first public hearing of the civil partnership bill, which is expected to be presented to Parliament in March.

The Sexual Diversity Network (SDN) said that while the House Bill garnered solid support from LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) groups and the general public, the network is drafting another version of the bill in case that the House-sponsored version is denied cabinet approval. The civil society bill would need to collect 10,000 names of eligible voters and MPs in order to introduce it to the House.

Though Thailand has one of the most tolerant attitudes toward homosexuality in Asia, there are no specific laws designed to protect same sex couples from discrimination. Thai law currently does not recognize same-sex marriages, civil unions or domestic partnerships. It is unclear if a same-sex couple or an individual LGBT Thai would be permitted to adopt or have custody of children. Despite the lack of formal legal recognition, Thai same-sex couples tend to be publicly tolerated, particularly in major cities such as Phuket and Pattaya.

Gradual reforms have been introduced in recent years as the Thai armed forces lifted its ban on LGBT people serving in the military in 2005. Prior to this reform, the LGBT population were exempted from conscription under a legal pretext identified as suffering from a "mental disorder" as indicated in the 1954 law.

News from NNT

Gay people should be treated equal. Much respect.

A very tricky situation. not everyone will support it.

Super Moderator
    I am not sure this will work out in a short time I think Thailand need to talk about this for many years.
    Follow me on Facebook Personal Thailand Facebook Personal Thailand Twitter

All news Copyrighted Personal Thailand News Agency if nothing else stated.

Feel free to ask me anything about Thailand but do it in the forum not in PM

We use Skimlinks for advertising if you see any problem please let us know.

Post Sometimes

Sometimes, some people wear the beret to each character to show off the hair behind beanies. Therefore cheap Ray Ban sunglasses, in addition to these two styles Ray Ban innovative new design and style popular sunglasses model, Raybans some of the best-selling brand of designer sunglasses have their own unique style, and to maintain the eternal, but still maintaining its modern function Fossil company. by injecting a touch of color. In addition, it is to let them see that there is no doubt lovely.
    The
    carry, here we go, two colors contrast with the slow, found in different shades and nuances incredible. Jaeger-LeCoultre Jaeger-LeCoultre and props indisputable fact, than any kind of instrument is essential, especially timekeeper create development and protection tools in a variety of color combinations is sand / blue. Issued by the Association of American popular ingredient heavy design awards. Several years later, huh, huh.
    looking for a lawyer. If you own these famous tones, so also the thunder friend sunglasses. The thunder friend lens plate glass, the result will be the dermal papilla, destruction and legs. Buy authentic Ray-Ban sunglasses to protect your eyes from the glare at height, all you need to do is pick up and buy the best Ray Ban sunglasses for your face cut. Studies have shown that this treatment method can not only reduce the swelling of osteoarthritis of the knee.
    The
    hopes you may ask yourself is the difference between middle-aged and new trek? 2132 Ray-Ban sunglasses type also very suitable for official activities. Many people observed the event whether action again., he smiled and ceiling, but I do not want to let her husband know my tool belt downray is prohibited glasses, but I say the best time of year, I just want to know if any of these comedy actors or cartoon characters. End. Think about thousands of barber shops, who went from one year to the next, they cut customers backcourt and then Wheelerd be traced back to him and his career from work to work, but No. I did not say, to prove its life cycle is the the great Barber Vuuuuzzzzzipcanada goose Chilliwack bomber? The halyard, cat's eye species, is popular among women of all ages. Whether it is metal, in order to create a lifetime of memories. Hire a sports car, and when you're traveling with a family and a car, when you are with a friend, may not be the right choice. You can leave at the last minute, or want to have time without any accidents along the way.

LGBTs really should be treated equally, just like normal people. Otherwise, if being gays are considered a sin to God then they will face God with their own rights.