Thread: Warning for Dengue Fever Getting Worse 2013

Super Moderator

Warning for Dengue Fever Getting Worse 2013

The Public Health Minister has warned Thai people of Dengue fever, saying even though it is not a rainy season, cases of the fever have been found constantly.

According to Public Health Minister Pradit Sinthawanarong, over 74,000 cases of Dengue fever were reported in 2012, 79 of those infected people died of the disease. Most of the patients were from the country's central part. Despite the fact that this is not a rainy season when the Dengue virus is active, people continue to catch the disease.

As the minister expects the situation to get worse this year, he has ordered all health-related agencies to keep a watchful eye over the situation and warned people about the disease.

He has also warned those living in the drought areas where water has to be stored for use to make sure that all water containers are sealed to prevent mosquitoes from laying eggs in them.

Meanwhile, Public Health Permanent Secretary Doctor Narong Sahametapat revealed that most patients recorded during the past 10 years were children. However, the infection has recently been found in people of all ages, with 52 percent of the patients in 2012 being 15 years and older.

News from NNT
    Follow me on Facebook Personal Thailand Facebook Personal Thailand Twitter

All news Copyrighted Personal Thailand News Agency if nothing else stated.

Feel free to ask me anything about Thailand but do it in the forum not in PM

We use Skimlinks for advertising if you see any problem please let us know.

Super Moderator
    If you want to know more about the dangers in Dengue there is this great book that tells you the history, cure and how to avoid Dengue Fever. On Amazon in Paperback and Kindle

http://www.amazon.com/Travel-Deadly-.../dp/1481171089

51-GGpfIFKL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg
    Follow me on Facebook Personal Thailand Facebook Personal Thailand Twitter

All news Copyrighted Personal Thailand News Agency if nothing else stated.

Feel free to ask me anything about Thailand but do it in the forum not in PM

We use Skimlinks for advertising if you see any problem please let us know.