PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Restaurants in Bangkok

Kanok Karn
1st November 2010, 16:12
http://i.acdn.us/image/A9588/958857/470_958857.jpg

I finished a dinner at Ten Sui 4 hours ago. I still have the flavor of the food in my mouth and this is the strong point of Ten Sui: the flavor.

The sashimi there was just wonderful and definitely the best I've had so far in Bangkok (and I've eaten in other expensive Japanese restaurants).

The Matsusaka beef was divine and for sure the best part of the dinner. The flavor of this dish is memorable. It will be registered in my memory for a long time.

The kinki shio (the whole fish grilled with salt and lemon) was good but not something exceptional. I've eaten better fish at this price.

Service: exceptional. They really know their job and they are very good professionals. The element that makes me to give 5 points to their service is to be found behind the word "balance". Polite, helpful, quiet and as attentive as possible but not intrusive and annoying.

Atmosphere: this is a very quite place and I liked it very much. Everyone is whispering and there is no noise. It is evident that people go there to enjoy the food and they give most of their attention to the food. Decoration is simple, minimal, elegant and in-line with the food.

Why a 4 and not a 5? Because it is freaky expensive for it's level. It is indeed a very good restaurant with very good food but not one with blow-minding tastes or a an exceptional ambiance/view. I do understand that ingredients should be of the highest quality but I still find 12.000 Baht too much for a dinner with a sashimi variety (8 tastes), two main dishes and two bowls of rice.

Will i go there again? Yes for sure.

Ten-Sui
33 Sukhumvit Soi 16
Nearest train: BTS Asok
Phone: 02-663-2281
Daily 11:30am-2pm, 5:30-10pm

[GOOGLE MAP]Sukhumvit Soi 16,Bangkok, thailand[/GOOGLE MAP]